- ½ tsp. coconut oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 3 C. water
- 1 C. flash frozen or pre-soaked lima beans (I like to use baby lima beans)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Sautee onions and carrots for 4-5 minutes, then add garlic and turmeric. Mix together well.
- Next add 3 cups of water, lima beans, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and pepper to the saucepan, increase heat to high and bring water to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let cook for 40 minutes.
- When lima beans are tender (may take longer depending on pan size and stovetop), remove from heat and allow them to sit, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Voila – easy lima beans!